Today I dropped my wife and baby to the airport. I expected that it would be difficult, but I didn’t know HOW hard it was actually going to be! For weeks, we have been prepping for the trip; deciding what foods to take, what medicines to get and how can we entertain her on the epic journey to see her other family in China. So, throughout this whole thing I have been thinking, “it is going to be so difficult leaving them at the gate” I was so obsessed with it that I decided to book a ticket so that I could ACTUALLY walk them to the gate (it only cost €15), and for some reason I thought that seeing the plane that they were getting on would calm my nerves a little… SPOILER ALERT: it didn’t! As I was sitting there watching my daughter play I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I wasn’t thinking about the sleep/work and relaxation that I could catch up on while she was gone, or how much I’d miss my darling wife, or how fantastic it would be for Jade to see our family in China. I was too panicked about the following:
- Who’s the pilot? How many hours has he/she flown?
- Who’s the co-pilot? Are they good enough to take over if something happens?
- What’s the safety record of this airline?
- How often is the airplane serviced?
- What countries are on the flight path?
- How will Jade deal with turbulence?